I did my best to participate in Microsoft Build today. It was rough trying to work and pay attention. But I picked up on a few really cool things.
- Windows Terminal version 1 has been released. With a bunch of improvements.
- Windows Terminal Preview release was also announced to go with Microsofts more recent habit of have insider and dev builds.
- Windows Terminal Docs Page
- Github's paid features are free. We can have unlimited private repos. There are some paid support features still.
- Demos of Github Codespace were really impressive. Can't wait to play with this one.
- Azure now has Jamstack services. Which come with a free year of service and a $200 Azure credit when you register.
- Windows has it's own in-house cli package manager winget.
It really is an exciting bunch of stuff. Oh wait, did I mention.... WSL2 will be able to run GUI Linux apps possibly by the end of the year. They demoed it a little. Very cool.
The most exciting accouncements seemed to come from Scott Hanselman's keynote. As soon as there is a link to it I will add it here. Plenty to look into and a day and a half to go.
As promissed here is the link to Scott's keynote.